2008年1月17日木曜日

Homework#10 Table Manners


Today we discussed table manners from all over the world. Please answer the following questions in your blog.

Have you ever eaten in a foreign restaurant? Where? What did you eat? Did you make any mistakes? Please explain your experience. Did you learn anything?

Yes, I have. I have eaten in UK. I ate curry with my friends at the Indian restaurant. A waiter was probably Indian. He was very friendly and kind. We were worrying what we should have ordered because we have never eaten carry at a Indian restaurant. Then he advised us some curry, rice and nan bread, so we could have ordered some menus. After that, he served menues that we ordered. However, he served carry that we didn't order. He said " This is a service". We were happy and ate it. Then we finished eating and paid a bill. We calculated a bill and prepared money all together. Although a waiter gave us the account and we saw it, it was high than we thought. I think curry that a waiter said " This is a service." was not free. Perhaps he thought we didn't understand English well, so he recommended curry and said that is is free. It was the goodness of his heart, but it was annoying for us.

Waiters are interested in foreigners and talk with them skillfully. However, we mustn't fall for their line.

2 件のコメント:

egye さんのコメント...

I think larning foreign country table manner is difficult. In Japan, we have not custom of tip, so it's very difficult. But I think if waiter give me a good service, I would like to give a lot of tips.

krip さんのコメント...

Hello♪ I'm one of your friends who ate Indian curry with you♪ The curry was very good, and we didn't worry about the Indian manner, so we could enjoy our dinner so much♪ There are a lot of people who worry about the manner, but there are also people who doesn't matter about manners.